Friday, 28 February 2014

Fashion Friday: Thakoon F/W 14

Whilst browsing V magazine's website I was drawn to an image of three outfits cut from an absolutely gorgeous selection of fabrics. This turned out to be part of the Thakoon Fall/ Winter 2014 collection, a designer which, until now, I have not been very familiar with. The V mag website has a set of backstage photos, some of which are below, of the collection.
 
There is something about this collection and its use of fabric, textured, patterned and plain, all combined together which really struck me. I love the combination boucle fabric with smooth, shiny silks and graphic printed florals. It really is a collection all about the fabric. The clever and unusual cuts highlight the gorgeous fabrics and did I mention the colour blocking is sublime. That is just something I'm obsessed with at the moment and this collection does it so well, its not even just in stripes. Colour blocking is also included through chevron like shapes on dresses and an ingenious jumper combined with a crisp shirt. An absolutely brilliant collection all round.










No comments:

Post a Comment