Monday, 24 September 2012

Granny Squares

I've had the urge to make loads of beautiful blankets that I can pile up on a chair to create a lovely burst of colour and pattern recently. So I've started by making these granny squares, all the squares will be done in the same way with two different colours in the middle that are edged with cream yarn. I've only made four so far though... I've got a long way to go yet!





After I've made this blanket I also want to make a patchwork blanket (or should I say quilt, I'm never very good at knowing which is which!), I have so many pieces of beautiful fabric and it would be great to have them all on display. I saw a beautiful patchwork blanket made out of tiny hexagons the other day but I've never really done any patchwork before. I'm never one to start on the easy stuff though and I haven't decided whether I will go for the hexagons or the safer option of squares...

2 comments: