Thursday, 28 June 2012

Vintage Style Bracelets

I've been seeing a few crocheted bows around and about at the moment, I thought that a crocheted bow would look lovely on a bracelet but I needed to make one in the perfect size. It took a fair bit of trial and error but I did eventually get the right sized bow. I then layered two different pieces of lace over each other and secured them together with two jaw end findings and added a clasp. To finish it off I sewed my bow onto the lace and gathered the lace underneath the centre of the bow so that the lace mirrored the bow shape.





I made this bracelet from Tila beads, Swarovski beads and feather charms. The Tila beads have two holes so I strung them onto two pieces of tigertail wire, I made two strands of the Tila beads. I then made two bunches of small lilac Swarovski beads and feather charms in different sizes. I added these bunches in between the Tila beads and then I finished the ends of the tigertail and added a clasp to fasten. I love the how the two strands of the bracelet slightly cross over.



No comments:

Post a Comment